Shakeo

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mushroom Omelet

This morning I made myself a mushroom omelet because unfortunately there was some sort of mix up with the post office and I have not received a Shakeology all month. They should be sending me another bag soon though. I'm renaming it to the mushroom fold because apparently my omelet skills are lacking! Might be the fact that this is my first successful attempt of creating any sort of omelet.. Usually it turns into some sort of scramble. Please don't make fun of my end picture (I know it's pitiful), but it tasted great!

*Mushroom Fold

  • 6 egg whites (I just used 3 eggs cause I can't waste the yolks)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3/4 cups mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 Tbls green onion, chopped
  • 1/2 roma tomato, chopped
  • 11/2 ounces low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
2. Coat a small nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add veggies and cook till nice and tender.
3. Add the eggs and cook till set on the bottom. Sprinkle cheese on one half and fold like an omelet (unless it doesn't fold all the way then just fold it in so it's covered all the way). Cook a bit longer until cheese is melted and the eggs are set.




Look my mushroom even knows it's HEALTHY! It's in the shape of a heart!
It was delicious and I was full before I even finshed it. There's a yummy breakfast option for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment